Not so long ago, in the dead of winter, I spotted something that made me stop and pinch myself (mentally, at least).
It was freezing… I mean really, really, cold. So cold that I couldn’t feel my toes through 3 pairs of thick socks. And there was a man sitting on a bench, waiting for a train (as many of us were, being that this happened at a train station), wearing fingerless gloves… FINGERLESS GLOVES!!! What’s the point in that? I thought to myself. I couldn’t feel my face and there he was risking his digits without a care in the world.
I laughed a little, about 15 minutes later once I had sat down on the train and my face had had a chance to thaw out. And it made me think of Big Mac meals, you’ll see shortly why. So, I decided I would try to think of as many pointless things as I could, write them down and share them with you (an infinitely more difficult task that it sounds, let me assure you!)
Here’s my list (in no particular order). Feel free to share your own by leaving a comment!
A few of my favourite (pointless) things:
– Fingerless gloves (OK, that’s a bit of a cheat)
– Ordering a Diet Coke with a Big Mac meal
– Alcohol free beer
– De-caffeinated coffee
– Wearing sunglasses at night
– Leaving a light on in the house for the cat, when you’re out and it’s dark (what really? just me then?)
– Owning a mobile phone and leaving it at your desk/on the kitchen table whenever you go anywhere (it’s got the word “mobile” in its name for a reason, you know!)
– Invisible ink
– Off Road/All Terrain vehicles that only ever go from the 5 bed detached, to the school, to the shopping mall and back again (unless any of these destinations are atop a hill with no access road)
– And of course, the old classic: Having a dog and barking yourself! (though, in all honesty, in 36 years I’ve yet to hear anyone actually do that)
Inspired by Brooke Burke’s twitter post (her bucket list) yesterday and spurred on by snowballing thoughts of what I’d rather be doing… I took some time to come up with a list of my own…
You’ll find a theme or two running through the list… but what does your list say about you? Send me what’s on your list and we’ll see if one day we’ll all be <spoiler alert!> taking a trip on the Orient Express together one day!
My Bucket List*
– Own a house in the South of France, with lots of outside space for kids to run around and not too far from the sea
– Have kids… for the running around outside of the house!
– Spend weeks at a time at said SoF house
– Work from home with flexible hours (i.e. I say when I work, maybe blog for a living!)
– See Tigers in India
– Dance at Pineapple Dance Studios (Anyone else loving Louis on Sky1?)
– Go on a mega-luxury blow out holiday somewhere hot – just once – just the two of us
– Go skiing, complete with log cabin and roaring log fire (will also need to add ski lessons here!)
– Celebrate my birthday at the Carnival in Rio de Janiero
– Win Strictly Come Dancing (OK, I know you have to be a celeb to get in in the first place, but I might get spotted at Pineapple, you never know!)
– Visit Japan – bullet train, Tokyo, Kyoto (staying in a traditional Ryokan, see a Geisha show and Sumo)
– Go to Paris for the weekend on EuroStar (yes, even though I might spend half my trip sub Channel – as long as it’s 1st class sweetie!)
– Buy something from Cartier
– Own ruby shoes (real ones… rubies, I mean, not shoes… well shoes as well obviously!)
– Charter a yacht and spend a week sailing round the med
– See the Grand Prix at Monaco
– Take a trip on the Orient Express
– Always be in love (OK, pinched that one form Brooke, but how lovely would that be?!)
– Have happy kids that get what they want out of their lives
*Version 1. I wonder how often or how soon the list will change…