As usual I’m a bit late to the party. Last week on Twitter #100factsaboutme was trending. I didn’t tweet them at the time (and I’m too embarrassed by my tardiness to tweet them now). So, I thought I’d list them here in my blog… They’re not very exciting, but neither am I. It’s OK, I’m cool with that!
#100factsaboutme (in no particular order)
1. I’ve been ‘online’ for 2 and 1/2 years and have never revealed my real name on twitter or my blog.
2. My first name is Jo.
3. I can take or leave marmite and vegemite but I hate bovril!
4. I’ve lived in Scotland, England and the US.
5. As a rule – I hate feet. Most feet are gross, even my own. If yours are the exception, you are blessed!
6. I have a weird obsession with bathrooms in pubs/clubs/restaurants – they have to be nice and if they’re quirky/cool/clever then even better.
7. I will turn the loo roll around in someone elses house if it’s facing the wrong way. (The loose end should hang over the top not down the back!)
8. I’d love to have 4 kids but I don’t think I have enough time left.
9. I wore braces on my teeth when I was 13. 6 months after they came off my teeth twisted right back again. They are still crooked.
10. My favourite (alcoholic) drink is an Apple Martini, which I first tasted in the American Bar at the Savoy Hotel, London.
11. I believe that good service is everything.
12. I would love to write for a living… But I’m not good enough to make money doing it 😦
13. I love old Black & White movies. The stars of the ’30s n ’40s were trully glamorous.
14. I’m a fan of Art Deco.
15. When I was 17 I was obsessed with going to Australia. I finally got there when I was 31.
16. I wanted a tattoo since I was 16. I almost got one in LA when I was 21 but bottled out.
17. I got my 1st tattoo when I was 27 in Amsterdam.
18. I got my 2nd tattoo in LA for my 33rd birthday.
19. I’m a massive Jet Li fan and have been since my Dad introduced me to one of his movies 7 years ago.
20. I have suffered from depression and I learned a lot about myself during my recovery, not all of which was nice.
22. The first car I ever bought was an old Suzuki Alto and cost £450 in 1995. It sounded like a hairdryer 🙂
23. I broke my collarbone when I was 6. It’s the only bone I’ve ever broken.
24. I wear glasses.
25. I am baptised Catholic but don’t practice any religion.
26. I am interested in all religions, faith systems and spirituality.
27. I failed my cycling proficiency test, when I was 10, on a technicality – I had an American bike with backpedal brakes.
28. I have never been in a physical fight – thankfully, as I’m a bit of a woos and would probably lose/run away.
29. I’m pretty competitive. It’s a family trait 🙂
30. I hate housework.
31. I think my brother looks like a young Paul Newman. Everyone else disagrees.
32. I think I have good taste.
33. I have the same birthday as Robbie Williams and I admit I was more than mildly obsessed with him in my early 20s!
34. I wish I was more creative.
35. I love to dance but haven’t done in a long long time.
36. The first time I visited LA I hated it. The second time I visited LA I loved it!
37. Is how old I am now.
38. I’ve driven the Pacific Coast Highway.
39. Ive been to Vegas, once, on a budget. When I go back, I’m going with money!
40. I have a bucket list… But it changes all the time.
41. If I won the lottery, I’d give some to my family, some to charity and spend the rest travelling the world for a few years with my Beloved and my baby girl.
42. I was a vegetarian for 1 year when I was 17. I failed. Mainly because I used to hate eating vegetables.
43. I was born in the year of the tiger and so was my daughter.
44. I was married and divorced before I reached 30.
45. When I was 17 I wanted to paint my bedroom black. My parents wouldn’t allow it.
46. I have an attic full of trophies and plaques won in dancing competitions when I was a kid. I think I even have a tiny sparkly costume!
47. I still have my wedding dress. It’s in my parents attic, not for sentimental reasons, just laziness.
48. But I sold my wedding band and engagement ring to a couple of poor students on eBay.
49. I’ve never been skiing but would love to. I had a 1 hour lesson once on Mt. Hood in Oregon. “Snow Plough!”
50. Growing up my sister was into Luke Skywalker. I was more of a Han Solo kinda gal… I still am.
51. I always thought I was like my Dad. But now I see I am pretty much a carbon copy of my Mum. Either is cool with me.
52. I aspire to be as good a parent to my daughter as my parents are to me. I am very blessed in that respect.
53. I have had my heart broken twice; once from a very unhealthy kind of love and once from infatuation. My Beloved is the only person I have truly loved. He is my soulmate.
54. I’m a marketeers dream!
55. I have no particular skillset or qualification. Jack of all trades, master of none.
56. My star sign is Aquarius.
57. I’m scared of heights.
58. I would rather be a stay at home mum than go back to work. But, like most mums, there are bills to pay 😦
59. I used to smoke cigarettes.
60. My favourite colour of the moment is white. But it changes all the time.
61. 95% of the clothes in my wardrobe are black.
62. I cried on a plane for a full hour after watching Marley & Me. Bit of a damp squib for the honeymooning couple to my right!
63. When I was 10, I used to write songs with the “bad” girl at school. I found out recently that she died a few years ago of an overdose. Life can be so cruel.
64. My sister & I were brought home in a police car on our first day of school after getting lost.
65. I love sunshine.
66. I used to have a really strong fear of dogs. I’d cross the street to avoid a Yorkshire Terrier. I’m better now but still wary…
67. I’m the oldest of 4 children.
68. I like to sit in silence in empty churches. I find it very comforting.
69. I’m good at keeping secrets.
70. I painted my hall yellow because I believe it’s a happy colour. That way whenever I leave or come home I’ll be smiling. (I learned this trick from my friends mum).
71. I love to sing, but I sound like a cats choir! Doesn’t stop me 🙂
72. I make quick decisions.
73. Im really not good at sticking with things, especially yoga (& other exercise), eating healthily and writing my blog!
74. I love Opera. Last time I went, though, was 3 years ago in Verona, Italy.
75. I am one of those annoying iPhone people who has to play with her phone every couple of minutes.
76. I have a couple of A levels and a degree. But I only got into Uni thanks to the clearing system.
77. I kind of “fell” onto my career path. I never really knew what I wanted to do, i just ended up doing the job that I do.
78. I have been scuba diving twice, both times on the Great Barrier Reef. It was amazing!
79. I would love to live in a warm sunny place by a beach.
80. I live in a cold rainy place by a beach.
81. I speak minimal tourist French and Spanish and feel I should really learn one of those fully.
82. I believe it’s rude to travel to another country and not attempt to speak the language or respect the local customs/culture.
83. My favourite flowers are sunflowers (for years it was Orchids).
84. I have absolutely no patience. Zero. Nada. Zilch!
85. A few years ago I went to a Gnaoua music festival in Essaouira (Morocco). That was pretty cool.
86. I’d love to go camping. I have a 5 person tent I’ve never used and nothing to go in it.
87. I’m pretty much always late. It drives my Beloved nuts.
88. I’m really really nosy, ha!
89. My favourite book of all time is The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexander Dumas). This has never changed.
90. I love my cat.
91. I’m a bit of a snob.
92. I believe that the top pillows on the bed (the really plump ones) are not to be slept on – it’ll make the bed look messy. My Beloved thinks this is ridiculous and refers to them as the “show pillows”.
93. I also keep a set of towels for guests only – another thing my Beloved finds ridiculous!
94. I can always squeeze in a bit of ice cream no matter how full I am 🙂
95. I have no regrets.
96. I am a comfort eater.
97. I try to always be a good person but don’t always achieve this goal.
98. My favourite “pick me up” movie, guaranteed to make me laugh and smile, is ‘Some Like It Hot’.
99. My baby girl is THE most precious thing I will ever have in my life.
100. It has taken me a week to write this list!